Thursday, October 2, 2008

SouthSide Speed Way and Bollywood Music







Photographer - Jeenal Shah

An evening I spent getting to know the culture of car racing dancing to beats of bollywood music.
Dented cars and number plates, raging competition, planned strategies and surprise winners minus beer (atleast for me) warmed our heart. It was no close to Nascar but good enough for what my pocket could afford. Since the cars on tracks in this race were no F1s they were making noice I could not bare. I turned my ipod on and started listening to Bollywood remixed songs. Best move. My eyes were glued to the first three cars in race and music kept the momentum going. My ipod also made couple of rounds amongst my friends present in the stadium who were chilling with beer in one hand and groving to bollywood music. I cannot thank less to Kelly O' Keefe for introducing us to this. And also Steve Jobs.

2 comments:

Marc said...

What a soundtrack to such a raw event. Genius!

Kelly O'Keefe said...

Nice photos!